For more than three decades, Dean Schwartz has been responsible for structuring and closing important business transactions for his clients, including acquisitions, mergers, sales, major contracts, financings and many others. Based on his experiences, Mr. Schwartz provides practical advice to all types of companies, ranging from well-established businesses to emerging companies. He works on transactions and with clients that are consistently in the forefront of the region’s business community.
Some of Mr. Schwartz’s recent representations include handling the:
- purchase of a surgical instrumentation repair business for a private equity group
- private placement of convertible preferred securities for a contract research organization
- mezzanine financing for a services business based on the West Coast
- acquisition of an investment advisor for a holding company which owns several advisors with different strategies
- early stage venture capital financing for a "Software as a Service" business
- sale of an investment advisor specializing in “Taft-Hartley” pension plans
- sale of a Pennsylvania-based specialty manufacturing company
Mr. Schwartz has been recognized as a preeminent AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.
In addition to his client work, Mr. Schwartz hosts a weekly program, Executive Leaders Radio, where he interviews prominent CEOs for their insights into how to run a successful business and be an effective leader. The Philadelphia-based radio show is broadcast on three regional radio stations and various Internet sites.
Mr. Schwartz lectures for a number of organizations on matters relating to corporate, securities and technology law. His past speaking engagements include:
- “Venture Capital Financings”
- Course Planner and Facilitator of “Building Winning Teams” and “Winning the Sales and Marketing War”
- “Equity Incentives for High-Tech Companies”
- “Initial Public Offerings - Nuts and Bolts”
- “What Information Wall Street Wants”
- “Representations and Warranties in Acquisitions”
- “Getting Your Message into the Financial Marketplace”
- “Private Placements”
Mr. Schwartz has been active in the University of Pennsylvania Alumni Affairs and was the president of the class of 1976.