Joshua Silverstein focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, transactional health care and insurance matters and general corporate counseling. Mr. Silverstein has extensive experience in middle market ($10 million-$300 million) merger and acquisition transactions, and has served as co-chair of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. He also has experience in corporate matters involving health care companies, insurance companies, producers and financial advisors. In addition, he negotiates employment, partnership, loan and supply agreements on behalf of clients of various sizes and industries.
Mr. Silverstein's recent representations include:
- leading the acquisition of an investment advisory firm by a major financial institution
- leading a roll-up of multiple wholesale insurance brokerage agencies by private-equity investors
- providing advice to the directors and shareholders of a niché insurance company in connection with a management dispute
- leading the acquisition of a benefits administration technology provider by an international benefits outsourcing firm
- representing a private-equity portfolio company in connection with its acquisition of more than a dozen franchised alarm dealers in the United States
- counseling a leading hospital system in connection with its establishment of a physician-hospital organization (PHO)
In 2012, Mr. Silverstein was selected by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of the “New Leaders of the Bar, ” a list of the “next wave of leadership of the New Jersey bar.” Mr. Silverstein was cited by the publication for his “wealth of experience in middle-market M&A transactions” and “extensive corporate work.”
Mr. Silverstein, along with his wife and two children, resides in southern New Jersey, where he is an active member of his community.
Prior to joining Stradley Ronon, Mr. Silverstein was a licensed insurance producer for Allstate Insurance Company.