Joshua Silverstein focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counseling. Mr. Silverstein has extensive experience in middle market ($10 million-$300 million) merger and acquisition transactions. He serves as co-chair of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group and as co-chair of its Investment Management Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. He also has experience in corporate matters involving registered investment companies, registered investment advisers and insurance companies. In addition, he negotiates employment, partnership, loan and supply agreements on behalf of clients of various sizes and industries.
Mr. Silverstein's recent representations include:
- representing a large mutual fund complex in its agreement with a registered investment adviser to acquire equity and bond mutual funds with approximately $3.6 billion in assets
- leading the acquisition of an investment advisory firm by a major financial institution
- leading a roll-up of multiple wholesale insurance brokerage agencies by private-equity investors
- providing advice to the directors and shareholders of a niché insurance company in connection with a management dispute
- leading the acquisition of a benefits administration technology provider by an international benefits outsourcing firm
- representing a private-equity portfolio company in connection with its acquisition of more than a dozen franchised alarm dealers in the United States
Mr. Silverstein has been recognized by numerous organizations in the past several years. In 2013, he was recognized by South Jersey Biz as one of the magazine’s “20 Under 40,” a list of “tomorrow’s leaders who are shaping business today.” In addition, in both 2014 and 2013, Super Lawyers® named Mr. Silverstein a “Rising Star,” an honor received by only 2.5 percent of New Jersey lawyers each year. Rising Stars are chosen by their peers as being among the top up-and-coming lawyers in the state. In 2012, he was selected by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of the “New Leaders of the Bar,” a list of the “next wave of leadership of the New Jersey bar.” Mr. Silverstein was cited by the publication for his “wealth of experience in middle-market M&A transactions” and “extensive corporate work."
Mr. Silverstein, along with his wife and two children, resides in southern New Jersey, where he is an active member of his community.
Prior to joining Stradley Ronon, Mr. Silverstein was a licensed insurance producer for Allstate Insurance Company.