Edwin “Tucker” Boynton advises high-net-worth individuals and their families, particularly owners of closely held businesses, on all aspects of estate planning. He also handles trust and estate administration for large estates, charitable foundations, closely held businesses and generation-skipping trusts. Rounding out his practice, he provides advice on personal income tax, fiduciary income tax and Orphan’s Court litigation.
Mr. Boynton’s representative transactions include:
- surrogate court litigation involving the Doris Duke Estate
- establishment of new legal precedent on Pennsylvania Inheritance taxation of survival actions, Pearlstein Estate, 23 Fid.Rep.2d 301 (O.C. Montg. Co., 2003)
- administration of the estates of the founders of the Vanguard and Delaware Mutual Fund Groups
- estate planning for White House government representatives
- administration of family trusts controlling publicly held companies
- creation of irrevocable trusts and related tax planning involving IPOs
Mr. Boynton was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer® consecutively since 2004 by a vote of his peers. Consecutively since 2007, he has been included in the editions of The Best Lawyers in America, regarded as a definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States. Selection for Best Lawyers is based on a peer-review survey in which more than 1.8 million individual evaluations are reviewed. He was also recognized as a preeminent AV-rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Boynton remains an active and visible member of the community, serving on boards of both profit and nonprofit corporations. His volunteer efforts include services to Bryn Mawr Hospital, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania and the Episcopal Academy.