Joseph Kelleher focuses his practice on complex civil litigation, representing corporate and institutional clients in a variety of practice areas, including securities, mortgage and lending, intellectual property, real estate tax, and products and general liability defense. Mr. Kelleher is experienced in all aspects of litigation, including trial and appeal, having served as lead counsel in jury and non-jury trials and arbitration proceedings.
His client representations include:
- representing trustee for 20 institutional investors asserting claims in the multidistrict litigation arising from the $1 billion Satyam Computer Services Ltd. fraud
- defending a mutual fund client in a multimillion dollar FINRA customer dispute arbitration
- defending a public company against a half-billion dollar breach of contract claim involving the licensing of patent rights
- defending a global electrical supplies distributor in a multimillion dollar lawsuit for trademark infringement and counterfeiting
- representing lenders and servicers in consumer lending litigation involving claims arising under the Truth-in-Lending Act, the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and various state consumer protection and unfair trade practices laws
- defending corporate and nonprofit organizations in motor vehicle and premises liability actions, including catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases
- defending medical device manufacturers in products liability actions, including catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases
- representing corporate, nonprofit and religious organizations in real estate tax appeal proceedings at the local board level and in the trial and appellate courts
In 2012, Super Lawyers® – the “ultimate guide to the top lawyers in Pennsylvania” – named Mr. Kelleher a “Rising Star,” an honor received by only 2.5 percent of Pennsylvania lawyers each year. Rising Stars are chosen by their peers as being among the top up-and-coming lawyers in the state.
Mr. Kelleher attended Notre Dame Law School, where he was a recipient of the merit-based Notre Dame Law School Fellowship. During his second year of law school, he participated in the Notre Dame London Law Programme, studying in London, United Kingdom.
While attending law school, Mr. Kelleher participated as a Stradley Ronon summer associate and served as a law clerk for the Office of the Federal Public Defender for the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Kelleher lives in Downingtown, Pa., with his wife and four children.