Michelle Carson is a litigator who focuses her practice on employment matters and counseling; insurance coverage and litigation; mortgage and lending; complex commercial construction and surety disputes; and products liability.
Ms. Carson’s diverse experience includes:
- Employment – representing municipalities, state agencies, educational institutions and other employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies related to age, race, disability and gender-based discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation claims.
- Insurance – representing national and international insurers, as well as receivers and creditors in insurance rehabilitations and liquidations. Handling complex matters involving coverage, bad faith, underwriting and third party claims; representation of title insurers in connection with disputes involving conservation easements, boundary disputes and the marketability of title.
- Mortgage & Lending – representing real estate brokers in connection with lending discrimination claims and representing lenders in state, federal and bankruptcy court in connection with both federal and state litigation consumer protection litigation arising from the origination and servicing of mortgages.
- Surety & Fidelity – representing contractors and sureties in construction disputes involving claims for delay, poor workmanship, defective materials, design errors, liquidated damages, warranty claims, performance bond claims, payment bond claims and indemnity claims.
- General Commercial Litigation – representing insurers and businesses in connection with contractual disputes including issues arising out of commission and compensation agreements.
- Construction – representing general contractors, sub-contractors, construction managers and other construction professionals in complex personal injury matters involving catastrophic injuries and complex liability issues arising from construction site accidents and toxic exposures.
- Professional Liability – representing nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, independent-living facilities, hospitals, pharmacists, physicians and other medical professionals in connection with professional malpractice claims.
- General Negligence – representing pharmacies and other retail establishments in connection with premises liability and products liability claims. Representing security companies in connection with negligent security and breach of contract matters.
Ms. Carson currently serves as a Child Advocate for the Support Center for Child Advocates, an organization that provides legal assistance and social service advocacy for abused and neglected children in Philadelphia County. She was named by the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania to the 2012 pro bono Roll of Honor, a prestigious list recognizing those who provide free legal services to Philadelphia’s underprivileged citizens.
For the past several years, Ms. Carson has prepared and co-presented the annual continuing legal education seminar, “Taking and Defending Effective Depositions.” She also regularly serves as an arbitrator for the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County.
Ms. Carson is actively involved in her community, where she lives with her husband and three sons. When not practicing law, Ms. Carson enjoys spending time with her family, running and other outdoor pursuits.