Christopher Connell focuses his practice on real estate and banking law. In his banking practice, Mr. Connell counsels financial institutions on federal and multistate compliance and licensing for banking, securities, trust and insurance products; chartering, organization and initial public offerings for de novo banks; and securities matters for public company financial institutions. He also represents financial institutions in merger and acquisition and capital raising activities.
In his real estate practice, Mr. Connell focuses on investment, development and commercial projects. He advises companies and nonprofit entities in all industries and of all sizes on various real estate issues, including land development and zoning matters, acquisitions and divestitures, construction and leasing.
Some of his representative experience includes:
- representing a mid-Atlantic based bank and bank holding company with assets of approximately $2 billion in the acquisition of a Reading, Pa.-based bank, formation of the bank holding company, various other merger and acquisition transactions and private placement capital raises
- serving as counsel to a Pennsylvania-based community bank in connection with the $32.7 million acquisition of another Pennsylvania-based community bank, the $18 million acquisition of a trust company’s private wealth management business with approximately $1.1 billion in assets under management and the $10.5 million purchase of a trust company with approximately $1 billion in assets under management
- representing a Lehigh Valley financial institution in connection with its sale to another Pennsylvania-based bank holding company
- advising a Pennsylvania-based savings bank in connection with its $30.6 million acquisition of a federal savings bank located in Philadelphia
- advising several bank clients in connection with participation in and issuance of securities under the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s TARP Capital Purchase Program and Small Business Lending Fund (SBLF)
- serving as counsel on acquisition and leasing issues for a major national merchant-builder real estate developer, several regional banks and a computer-hardware service company
- assisting a national commercial real estate developer with the acquisition of a property in suburban Philadelphia and negotiating for the developer on leases with national tenants
- advising several regional outdoor advertising companies on the sale of assets to a publicly held company and on purchasing assets from other regional companies
- representing a national client with various aspects of construction of a New Jersey distribution/warehouse facility
Mr. Connell has authored numerous articles on trends in the banking industry and is a frequent speaker on issues facing the banking industry, including the impact of Dodd-Frank financial reform.