Michael Cordone focuses his practice on bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, loan restructuring and workouts, asset acquisitions, litigation and commercial law. He regularly represents institutional creditors, insurers, landlords and businesses of all sizes on matters involving secured transactions, the Uniform Commercial Code, loan workouts, litigation in state and federal courts, loan documentation, loan restructurings and creditors’ rights.
Mr. Cordone’s recent representations include:
- counseling a large national bank in the restructuring and ultimate workout of multiple loans to affiliated international corporations
- acting as counsel on behalf of debtors, creditors and purchasers concerning the sale of all or substantially all of a debtor’s assets under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- representing a large real-estate trust and national banks in bankruptcy cases filed by national retailers
- defending a large institutional creditor in responsible personal-tax liability litigation
- advising lenders of all types and sizes in the documentation of credit facilities with loan syndications, factoring, subordination, agency and participation agreements
- representing a regional lender in connection with the workout and bankruptcies of various health care institutions and an employee assistance program
- representing a federal-court-appointed receiver for failed funds trading in commodity futures and options that are facing potential loses in excess of $209 million. The representation includes litigation with both parties and non-parties in federal court, Canadian bankruptcy court and the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands
Mr. Cordone was included consecutively since 2010 in the editions of The Best Lawyers in America, regarded as a definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States. Selection for Best Lawyers is based on a peer-review survey in which more than 1.8 million individual evaluations are reviewed. In addition, he was recommended as a leader in bankruptcy/restructuring in Pennsylvania in the 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011 editions of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.