Caroline Gorman advises a broad range of public and private companies on mergers and acquisitions, securities, public financing and corporate organization and compliance. Ms. Gorman further represents lenders and borrowers in real estate finance transactions.
Ms. Gorman's experience in mergers and acquisitions includes merger, stock and asset transactions. Ms. Gorman's public financing practice has included representation of various governmental issuers and authorities, and underwriters in tax-exempt bond offerings and financings. In her securities practice, Ms. Gorman also represents clients in offerings of equity and debt securities (both public and private), including preparation of registration statements under the Securities Act of 1933 and related registrations and exemptions related to private offerings. She also regularly counsels public and private companies on preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts and purchase agreements, formation of business entities and general corporate counseling.
Ms. Gorman client representations include:
- representing a state-chartered bank in the concurrent transactions of its reorganization into a bank holding company structure, acquisition by merger of another bank holding company, and initial registration of its securities on Form S-1, to be issued in connection with both the reorganization and merger
- representing a publicly held company (Nasdaq) in the acquisition of another publicly held company using registered common stock and cash as the acquisition currency
- representing a publicly held company (Nasdaq) in the registration and public offering of securities
- assisting publicly held companies (Nasdaq and NYSE AMEX) in various periodic securities filings and annual and special meeting proxy statements
- serving as underwriter’s and bond counsel in connection with various tax-exempt bond offerings
- representing lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate, acquisition, development and construction finance transactions
Ms. Gorman graduated from Villanova University School of Law, where she served as managing editor of outside articles for the Villanova Environmental Law Journal. Prior to joining Stradley Ronon as an associate, Ms. Gorman worked at the firm for several years as a legal assistant, assisting with general business matters.