Brian Crowell counsels mutual funds and closed-end funds and their boards of directors/trustees, investment advisers and broker-dealers on regulatory and compliance issues. For investment management clients, Mr. Crowell provides analysis in all aspects of legal representation, including:
- preparing regulatory filings
- drafting and reviewing investment company registration statements, proxy solicitation materials, information statements and shareholder reports
- drafting and reviewing investment adviser registration forms and brochures
- researching federal and state securities and corporate law issues
- drafting corporate policies and compliance procedures
- preparing and reviewing memorandums and other materials for investment company boards of directors/trustees
Mr. Crowell graduated in the top three percent of his class at Villanova University School of Law, where he served as the managing editor of outside articles for the Villanova Law Review. His article, “Amendment 706 to the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines: Not All It Was Cracked Up To Be,” was published in the March 2011 edition of the law review. While in law school, he was a member of the Willard J. O’Brien American Inn of Court. He was also elected to Order of the Coif.
Additionally, Mr. Crowell served as a judicial extern to the Hon. Jane Roth of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Prior to joining Stradley Ronon, Mr. Crowell worked as a mortgage consultant at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.