Christine M. McDevitt represents public companies and closely held businesses in mergers, acquisitions, financing and real estate transactions. In addition, Ms. McDevitt represents institutional, nonprofit and other business entities in general corporate matters.
Her recent client representations include:
- representing lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate, acquisition, development and construction finance transactions
- drafting documentation and strategic diligence review in connection with complex acquisitions and financings
- negotiating and drafting a variety of routine contracts, including commercial leases, purchase agreements, and vendor managed inventory agreement.
- serving as outside general counsel for numerous entities on corporate matters from business formation and operating agreements to restructurings and dissolutions
- advising publicly held and private companies on corporate governance matters
While in law school Ms. McDevitt served as executive editor for the Rutgers Law Journal, was a board member for the Hunter Moot Court and was a leader in organizing a 5K run to raise money for scholarships. While at Rutgers, she received awards for excellence in legal writing and pro bono service.
She also served as a student attorney for the Children’s Justice Clinic in Camden, N.J., and as a judicial extern for the Hon. Gregory M. Sleet of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.