|Date: November 16, 2009
3:30 - 4:00 p.m. – Registration & Seating
4:00 - 5:30 p.m. – Program
5:30 - 6:30 p.m. – Cocktail Reception
Stradley Ronon and the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce invite you to an expert discussion on the medical, public health and legal issues surrounding the H1N1 virus and how they impact all businesses, including:
• What is H1N1 – How is it spread? How do you reduce transmission? What are the symptoms? How long is it contagious? Who is at risk? Should employees be screened and vaccinated?
• Pennsylvania Department of Health Recommendations – How should businesses address the expected pandemic? How should you prepare for increased absenteeism? Should non-essential travel and social-distancing strategies be implemented?
• Legal Issues – Do the medical and public health issues conflict? How are OSHA, the FMLA, the ADA, worker's compensation, privacy, sick time and absence policies impacted?
• Steps to Take – How should businesses develop a plan for reducing risk and maintaining operations?
• Michael Huff, Deputy Secretary for Health Planning and Assessment, Pennsylvania Department of Health
• Dr. Philip Benditt, Medical Director, UnitedHealthcare of Pennsylvania
• Sandra A. Girifalco, Partner-Employment & Labor Practice Group, Stradley Ronon
• Jonathan F. Bloom, Partner-Employment & Labor Practice Group, Stradley Ronon
There is no cost to attend the event, but space is limited. Please respond no later than Nov. 2 to Maria Boncardo at 215.564.8112 or by e-mail at email@example.com.