Stradley Ronon serves clients' needs across the country and around the world through our unique relationship with Meritas – the world's largest association of independent business and commercial litigation firms.
We are the only Eastern Pennsylvania member of Meritas. Meritas members are accepted by invitation only and must go through a rigorous screening and recertification process. Members must also agree to adhere to policies and a code of ethics that often go beyond local professional guidelines. Our Meritas association offers us access to an affiliation of 180 firms located in 210 locations in more than 70 countries and encompassing almost 7,000 lawyers. Meritas gives Stradley Ronon a virtual “presence” in every major city and business center worldwide, without the costs associated with branch office operations.
Stradley Ronon attorneys have personal relationships with lawyers throughout the worldwide affiliation and several of our attorneys have served on the Meritas Board of Directors, providing even broader relationships within the Meritas affiliation.
Here are some benefits our clients enjoy through our Meritas affiliation:
- Access to local services in other jurisdictions, with confidence in the quality of the firm.
- A broadcast e-mail system, where we can pose questions to our colleagues across the United States and around the world simply, quickly and inexpensively. We use this system whenever a client requires advice in several jurisdictions or in a unique area of law.
- Use of Meritas’ courtesy advice policy, which allows member firms to obtain "legal guidance" from other member firms at no charges.
- Access to in-depth knowledge of local laws and business practices.
- Access to specialized or niche areas of law.
- The ability to seamlessly collaborate with our out-of-state firms that maintain the same high standards of service as we do.
Meritas allows Stradley Ronon instant office capabilities in every geographic market in which our clients maintain a significant business presence.