Legislative Affairs and Lobbying
Stradley Ronon’s Government and Public Affairs Practice Group provides strategic advice to our clients in the areas of legislative and executive branch lobbying, business development, procurement, issues management and business-to-government outreach. Our group manages a variety of government and public affairs efforts including regulatory actions, crisis management and public-sector financing at all levels of government.
We assist clients in a variety of industries ranging from utilities, engineering, pharmaceutical and transportation to international trade, gaming, health care, communications, construction and information technology.
We also work closely with other Stradley Ronon practice groups – such as banking, tax, investment management, insurance, real estate and environmental – to provide tactical advice and develop strategic plans for our clients.
Services We Provide. Our Government and Public Affairs Practice Group provides clients with the following types of counsel and services:
Strategic Advice, Advocacy and Issues Management
- Coordinating and developing strategies with the client’s senior officers and staff.
- Preparing, executing and monitoring external communication plans to government officials, decision makers and affected constituencies such as trade organizations.
Business Development and Procurement
- Representing clients during a procurement process, whether for a competitive bid, request for proposal or negotiated contract basis.
- Representing clients seeking commitments for public/private ventures or initiatives.
Legislative Affairs and Lobbying
- Lobbying legislators and executive branch officials relative to pending or proposed legislation.
- Performing back channel or supplemental advocacy.
- Initiating polling and statistical analysis.
- Coordinating grassroots coalitions and public relations efforts.
- Successfully creating and shepherding major tax legislation for the mutual fund industry.
- Business development advice to secure multimillion dollar state contracts for a major information technology firm.
- Lobbying for major legislation on behalf of a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company.
- Securing a multimillion-dollar software contract from a prominent learning institution to a state-of-the-art health care firm.
- Securing several sizeable grants for a prominent medical center.
- Lobbying state and federal agencies for reasonable environmental enforcement standards on behalf of major nonprofit and religious organizations.
- Lobbying to establish Enterprise Zones and Keystone Opportunity Zones for major financial services firms.
- Lobbying for proposed rules and regulations on behalf of the insurance industry.
- Representing firms filing applications with the New Jersey Casino Control Commission and the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Negotiating and resolving Brownfield’s issues for several large scale contaminated parcels for redevelopment.
- Securing multimillion-dollar contracts for a major construction company, engineering firm and a large facility-management company.
- Lobbying for congressional appropriations for public safety, health care and bio-tech clients.
- Serving as a major energy company's lobbyist to federal, state and local officials in a multi-million dollar merger.