From patents to copyrights, from trademarks to trade secrets, and everything in between, our attorneys rely on decades of experience to protect our clients’ intellectual property (IP) assets and to handle the full scope of their IP matters.
Our IP attorneys regularly assist clients with: drafting and prosecuting U.S. or international patent and trademark applications; filing copyright registration applications; due diligence reviews and analyses; infringement or validity legal opinions; trade secrets; and protecting IP assets or avoiding the IP rights of others.
What’s more, Stradley Ronon attorneys have litigated patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret cases in state and federal courts and at the appellate level, and have counseled clients in numerous adversary matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
IP issues we handle include:
- Patent Procurement: Drafting and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications.
- Trademark Procurement: Drafting and prosecuting U.S. and international trademark applications.
- Copyright Procurement: Drafting copyright registration applications.
- Trade Secret Matters: Advising clients on trade secret and proprietary information matters, including employment and consulting agreements, joint ventures and non-disclosure agreements.
- Trial-Level and Appellate-Level IP Litigation: Litigating IP matters in federal and state courts, before the International Trade Commission, in U.S. Patent and Trademark Office ex parte and inter partes proceedings, and in appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Circuit Courts of Appeals.
- IP-Related Alternative Dispute Resolution: Arbitrations, mediations and other ADR options.
- Portfolio Strategy Development and Counseling: Counseling clients relating to IP portfolio strength, scope and development.
- Licensing: Drafting and reviewing IP rights transfer agreements, including licenses, assignments, IP-related provisions of general business licenses, and litigation of settlement documents.
- Due Diligence Reviews: Undertaking IP due diligence reviews and analyses relating to business, asset and IP portfolio acquisitions.
- Opinion Analyses: Analyzing and drafting legal opinions involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and other forms of IP, specifically including patent infringement and right-to-use opinions, patent validity opinions, patentability opinions, trademark right-to-use and right-to-register opinions, trademark dilution opinions, domain name opinions, copyright opinions and third-party opinions.