Our Professional Clients
Our professional liability attorneys advise a diverse group of professional clients, including accountants, architects, financial executives and other lawyers.
Their experience includes service on the Board of the Attorneys' Liability Assurance Society, Ltd., which insures in excess of 55,000 lawyers at more than 230 law firms in the United States and abroad.
Our professional liability attorneys have been retained to assess risk exposure related to professional practice acquisitions, issue opinions on ethical and fiduciary obligations, and evaluate and defend professional liability claims and claims by third parties against licensed professional clients.
Our professional clients include:
Accounting Firms - We have defended dozens of professional liability claims brought against accountants in state and federal courts.
Law Firms - Other law firms regularly turn to us for advice on practice acquisition issues, opinions on fiduciary and ethical obligations, and to represent them in third party and professional liability claims involving a wide range of underlying transaction and litigation matters.
Brokerage Houses - We have represented scores of securities brokers employed by virtually every major national brokerage house in the defense of fraud, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Retirement Plan Administrators and Actuaries - Our attorneys also advise pension plan administrators and actuaries and have defended them against professional negligence claims.
- Obtaining a summary judgment in favor of a client law firm that was sued by a third-party seeking in excess of $38 million in connection with an underlying transaction involving the sale and development of approximately 100 acres of land.
- Securing a dismissal of all claims against a client law firm in an action asserting fraud and professional malpractice in connection with an underlying residential real estate transaction.
- Obtaining a summary judgment in favor of a client law firm sued by a third party that was seeking in excess of $300,000 for alleged wrongful use of civil proceedings in an underlying products liability matter.
- Negotiating a favorable settlement of a third-party suit that asserted fraud and professional negligence in connection with a client's submission of an estate beneficiary's claim to the executor.
- Securing an order granting summary judgment to a client law firm that was sued by a third party in a multi-million dollar action for recovery of losses incurred in an underlying construction arbitration.
- Obtaining a dismissal of all claims filed against a large national law firm, where the plaintiff alleged that his lawyers improperly counseled him with respect to a business dispute and settlement agreement, and improperly represented him in light of an alleged conflict of interest.
- Successfully representing a leading Philadelphia law firm against a civil rights claim. Reviewing a doctor's potential claims against the law firm that negotiated his employment agreement with a Philadelphia hospital.