Matthew DiClemente represents investment advisers, registered investment companies and their boards of directors, private funds and broker-dealers in a wide range of regulatory, corporate and transactional matters. His clients include several of the largest investment management firms and fund complexes in the country, insurance companies, private fund sponsors and family offices.
Matt’s experience includes:
- advising on the development and management of alternative asset classes and strategies, such as derivatives and other complex instruments
- advising on SEC, CFTC, NFA and FINRA regulation of marketing, trading, soft-dollars, compliance policies and cross-border sharing of personnel and information
- advising on all aspects of open-end, closed-end and interval fund product development, regulation, disclosure and compliance matters
- assisting investment management firms navigate difficult SEC exams and enforcement proceedings
- structuring, forming and creating disclosure documents for hedge funds and other private funds
- handling mergers and acquisitions involving investment companies and investment advisers
- drafting and negotiating selling, revenue-sharing and other distribution agreements and investment advisory and sub-advisory contracts
Prior to joining Stradley Ronon, Matt worked at another Philadelphia law firm where he represented investment companies and other public companies in regulatory, corporate and transactional matters. He also worked for several years at a registered investment adviser engaged in the management of mutual fund, hedge fund and institutional assets. Prior to that, Matt worked for a well-known investment bank.