Prufesh Modhera focuses his practice on counseling investment companies, investment advisers and independent directors on federal securities law matters.
Mr. Modhera’s experience includes:
- counseling investment advisers on various compliance issues under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, including Form ADV disclosure, personal securities trading, trade allocation practices, best execution, soft dollars, proxy voting and performance advertising
- advising clients on various issues under the Investment Company Act of 1940, including the formation, registration, regulation and reorganization of investment companies
- assisting investment company and investment adviser clients in responding to SEC inquiries
- advising boards of directors on governance issues
In addition, Mr. Modhera advises clients on the formation of domestic and offshore hedge funds and fund of hedge funds, including:
- preparing private placement memoranda, operating agreements and subscription documents
- preparing and/or reviewing contracts with service providers
- complying with state blue sky filing requirements
Mr. Modhera also represents investors in private funds to analyze fund offering documents and negotiate side letters with respect to investors' investments in such funds.
Before joining Stradley Ronon, Mr. Modhera was an associate in the securities regulation and enforcement group at a Washington, D.C., law firm. Prior to that, he was an associate in the investment management practice group at another Washington, D.C., firm.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Modhera worked more than 10 years as a management consultant, designing executive compensation and benefits plans for major public, private and tax-exempt organizations.
Read full bio »