We draw on experience of various practice groups and many multi-disciplinary attorneys to tailor our advice to each client’s needs. Our attorney teams operate together to address our clients' issues wherever they may occur in the United States or around the world.
Our trusts, estates & personal planning group regularly provides advice to both donors and charitable organizations on the tax-saving devices often used in planned-giving programs, including charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, gift annuities, personal-residence trusts, and other vehicles allowing the grantor to retain control of assets and minimize taxation.
We also handle all aspects of the development and management of charitable-giving programs, from drafting policies and procedures to helping select administrators and investment advisers for planned-giving vehicles. Our lawyers also handle the routine aspects of organizing planned-giving programs, including:
- drafting policies and procedures
- drafting gift acceptance procedures
- advising boards of directors on establishing planned-giving programs
- drafting charitable lead trusts and charitable remainder trusts
- advising on the establishment of gift annuity programs
- reviewing marketing materials
- providing sample donor documents
- assisting charities and donors with establishing planned gifts
- acting as general counsel to charities with planned-giving programs
- helping select administrators and investment advisors