Our attorneys represent clients on a full range of issues, including:
- Acquisition and disposition
- Capital structures, including debt, equity and tax credits
- Commercial leasing
- Condominiums and other planned communities
- Energy and regulatory matters
- Finance, including creditors’ rights, restructuring and workouts
- Joint ventures and other combinations
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Mixed-use development and leasing
- Private fund formation, offerings and governance
- Real estate taxation, including appeals, exemptions and transfer tax
- Shopping center development and leasing
- Zoning and land use
Our clients include all segments of the real estate industry, such as:
- Apartment, retail and office investors, developers and operators
- Commercial and Investment Banks
- Construction Companies
- Government Agencies
- Higher Education Institutions
- Hospitality and Leisure Companies
- Medical Institutions
- Private Debt and Equity Funds
- Property Management Companies
- Public/Private Partnerships
Our real estate lawyers are sought-after speakers at industry conferences, seminars and symposiums and regularly contribute to industry publications. We are members and directors of numerous industry organizations, including:
- Builders’ League of South Jersey, Environmental and Redevelopment Committee
- Center City (Philadelphia) District
- Delaware Valley Environmental American Inn of Court
- Drexel University, Real Estate Advisory Council
- Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, Arts and Business Council
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Site Remediation Advisory Group
- Real Share
- Urban Land Institute
OUR Representative Transactions
We take great pride in having helped clients in various real estate matters, including:
- Advising a private investment fund in connection with its acquisition of a Class-A, trophy office building in Center City Philadelphia, including advice on transfer tax mitigation strategies, debt financing and complex title issues. The property was part of a condominium, which in turn was part of a master plan encompassing a full city block. Stradley also has continued its representation after closing in connection with the landlord’s lease-up of vacant office space at the property.
- Serving as counsel to a nonprofit health system in connection with the acquisition and development of a 60-acre site, which included obtaining zoning, subdivision and land development approvals for a master- planned, age-restricted mixed-use community of nearly 300 townhouse and mid-rise residential condominium units, approximately 500 residential mid-rise apartment units, a 40,000-square-foot medical office building and a 20,000-square-foot community center.
- Representing the developer and owner of a $160 million mixed-use project in West Philadelphia involving several levels of equity investment, debt financing and new markets tax credit financing, and the creation of a complex condominium structure.
- Representing an investment group in connection with the acquisition, financing and branding of three previously independent hotels situated in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Assisting a nonprofit corporation by successfully defending a challenge to a zoning variance permitting the development of low-income senior housing, ultimately arguing before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and obtaining a ruling in favor of the development.
- Representing a major regional port operator in connection with a long-term lease and development agreement pertaining to a new state-of-the-art port terminal facility in Paulsboro, New Jersey.
- Acting as environmental and energy counsel to a New Jersey municipality involving the investigation and remediation of over 20 brownfields sites, negotiation of redevelopment agreements, the quieting of title to 12 orphan alleys to enable redevelopment of city blocks, and negotiation of a contract for a 1 million watt solar project on a municipal building.
- Representing a hospital system in connection with its cash acquisition of 30 acres for development of a mixed-use medical office and commercial office center, including advice on predevelopment strategy.
- Representing a regional bank in connection with over $200 million in development and construction financing for the redevelopment of iconic properties in Center City Philadelphia.